On Monday, November 28, 2016, Revmob detected unauthorized access into Revmob’s ad network. Several files were affected by this incident and information relating to some customers may have been affected. Since Monday, Revmob has taken immediate corrective actions to investigate and respond to the incident. The incident affects some publishers and advertisers.
Please note all customers impacted received communication from us. If a customer did not receive communication, we had established that information relating to them and their account had not been affected.
At this time, we have no evidence that any unauthorized individual or entities have actually used our customers’ information. To our knowledge, information in the affected files may or may not include: name, email address, physical address, payment account details, key metrics, campaign data, app data and other data related to Revmob accounts. We are actively working to determine the scope of the incident.
What we are doing
Revmob takes its users’ privacy and information security seriously. The company has taken a variety of measures in response to the incident designed to prevent any future unauthorized access and protect customer information moving forward. The company has:
- Engaged specialized legal firms to help with the investigation and inform the relevant legal authorities.
- Engaged leading cybersecurity firms to determine the source of the incident, and account for all potential exposure.
- Activated contingency measures which include further monitoring of our network for signs of further vulnerabilities or leaks.
- Participated in a full security review to ensure Revmob’s system is up to the highest compliance standards, has state of the art network protection, and our users’ information remains secure and private.
- Developed a system update that fixes the identified vulnerability. This was deployed last Thursday, December 1, 2016.
We ask our impacted customers to be aware that phishing scams or other forms of retrieving sensitive or personal information may occur and to be vigilant for any attempts to retrieve this kind of information – no matter whether they come from known or unknown sources.
For more information contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org